An Agilent marketing campaign for companion diagnostics has won a prestigious independent industry award. The Integrated Award of Excellence was presented to Agilent and Flywheel (the advertising agency) as part of the 31st Annual Rx Club Show. The show, which honors creativity in healthcare marketing, is considered by many to be one of the highest honors within the industry.
Agilent was recognized for the new branding created to support the historic approval of its Dako PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx in previously untreated metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
I’ve blogged about companion diagnostics. Many personalized cancer therapeutics are only suitable for patients with specific biomarkers. Companion diagnostics help identify those patients who may benefit from a particular treatment.
One example is Merck’s immunotherapy drug Keytruda®. Agilent’s PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx is a companion diagnostic that helps identify potential candidates for treatment with Keytruda. PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx tests patients’ tumors for expression of the protein PD-L1, which can help the tumors evade the body’s immune system.
As you can imagine, describing these companion diagnostics accurately and clearly is crucial for healthcare professionals. “This campaign for Dako PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx has been successful in creating a streamlined, focused story that has resonated well with our pathology customers around the world,” says Karen Balstrup, Agilent director of CDx Commercialization.
“We are delighted to be a part of an award show like this,” says Nina Green, who leads Agilent’s CDx Division, “where the artistic creativity of our campaign material takes center stage.”
Agilent’s award highlighted key product materials developed to build awareness: a product brochure, print advertisement, digital banner ad and web-based training announcement card. You can see examples of the campaign here and here.
For more information go to:
- The Rx Club
- The Rx Club: 2017 Awards of Excellence: Integrated Campaigns
- Agilent and a Team of Rivals
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab)
- Agilent PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx
- What are PD-1 and PD-L1? (Keytruda.com)
- Agilent Technologies Receives Expanded FDA Approval for Use of Dako PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostic in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Agilent Technologies Receives Expanded FDA Approval for the Use of Dako PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostic in Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Cancer
- Agilent Companion Diagnostic Gains Expanded FDA Approval in Cervical Cancer
- PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Testing for NSCLC
- PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Overview