The Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize is the most important research award in Germany. And two of this year’s winners are well-known Agilent customers!
The Leibniz-Preis, established in 1985, “awards prizes to exceptional scientists and academics for their outstanding achievements in the field of research.” Each year up to ten prizes are awarded, with a maximum of €2.5 million per award.
Two of 2018’s 10 prizes are in the field of Biology/Life Sciences. And the winners are well-known customers of Seahorse Bioscience, an Agilent company.
Prof. Dr. Erika L. Pearce is director of the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg/Breisgau. She is awarded for her outstanding work in the field of metabolic and inflammatory research. She focuses on the regulation of the immune system, particularly the influence of metabolism on the control of the immune response.
Prof. Dr. Veit Hornung is an immunologist at Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich. Prof. Dr. Eicke Latz is an immunologist at the University Hospital and Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University in Bonn. The pair share a prize as two of the world’s most influential scientists in the field of innate immune responses.
Agilent acquired Seahorse, a leader in tools for measuring cell metabolism, in 2015. Seahorse’s solutions enable scientists to measure the energy in our cells. This gives them a real-time picture of what our bodies are doing at a cellular level, including cell signaling, proliferation, activation, toxicity and biosynthesis.
The winning scientists will be recognized at an award ceremony on March 19.
For more information go to:
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize (English)
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preis 2018 (German)
- Prof. Dr. Erika L. Pearce – Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preisträgerin 2018 (German)
- Prof. Dr. Veit Hornung und Prof. Dr. Eicke Latz – Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preisträger 2018 (German)
- Agilent Technologies to Acquire Seahorse Bioscience, Industry Leader in Tools for Measuring Cell Metabolism
- Agilent Cell Analysis (Seahorse)
- Agilent Receives 2018 Scientists’ Choice Awards
- Scientists’ Choice Awards
- Winners of the 2018 Scientists’ Choice Awards for General Lab, Separations and Spectroscopy Announced at Pittcon
- Agilent 1260 Infinity II Prime LC System
- Agilent Ultivo Triple Quadrupole LC/MS