Today is the 45th Earth Day, a worldwide celebration of our planet and its environmental protection.
Agilent Technologies is happy to participate in this celebration. We are committed to conducting business in an ethical, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. Our recent environmental honors include:
- Ranked 61 in the 10th annual Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (World Economic Forum)
- Selected as a component of the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (Dow Jones)
- Selected as a Sustainability Supplier (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Index)
- Ranked in the Top 10 U.S. Green Companies for sustainability and environmental focus (Newsweek)
- Rated A+ for our Corporate Citizenship Report (Global reporting Initiative Framework G.3)
Agilent’s commitment to the environment is reflected not only in our business practices, but in the behaviors of our employees around the world. For Earth Day 2015, company-sponsored employee activities include:
- In the United States, various sites will host recycling and sustainability fairs.
- In Singapore, activities will include a garage sale bazaar to promote recycling and a tour of a local power station plant. Lighting and air conditioning will be reduced to save energy.
- In Japan, employees will participate in a tree-planting ceremony at Takao-no-Mori. The Hachioji site will reduce energy consumption by turning off its illuminated roof sign throughout the week.
- In China, employees will participate in a countrywide handmade-art competition using scrap and recycled materials.
- In India, employee volunteers will plant trees and take part in energy-saving initiatives and paper-reduction activities.
- In Malaysia, the Penang site will provide recycling and energy-reduction activities for employees, and well as an environmental awareness talk.
For more information go to: